China Banking Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2017
Available in: English
China’s banking sector’s assets reached RMB 232.3tn at the end of 2016, expanding strongly by 34.8% from 2015. The fastest growth was reported by commercial banks, making up 77.8% of total assets. The year 2016 was characterised by moderate money supply and prudent monetary policy. The interest margin of major domestic banks shrank in 2016 after the central bank cut interest rates several times in 2015. At the same time, cuts in deposit rates helped banks reduce costs, but also resulted in weaker deposit growth. China’s credit growth eased to 12.9% in 2016 from 14.4% a year earlier, and the annual expansion in deposits weakened to 10.9% in 2016 from 19.1% in 2015.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: