China Banking Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
According to statistics published by the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) – the country’s recently restructured financial regulator – the total assets of the banking sector rose by 8.7% y/y in 2017, reaching RMB 252.4tn at year-end. This was significantly slower growth than in 2016, which had seen a 15.8% y/y expansion. The assets of commercial banks, which accounted for approximately 78% of total banking assets, increased 8.3% y/y in 2017 to RMB 196.7tn. By the end of that year, the annual growth of deposits and loans outstanding had moderated to 7.8% and 12.7% respectively, compared to 11% and 13.5% during 2016. Meanwhile, tougher scrutiny of banks’ compliance narrowed the net interest margin of the banking sector to 2.1% in 2017, down from 2.22% in the previous year.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: