China Banking Sector Report 2020 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
In Q2 2020, the operating environment for the Chinese banking sector remained tough. According to the statistics published by China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC), the net profit of commercial banks from January to June 2020 fell by 9.4% y/y to RMB 1.03tn, of which the net profit of large banks fell by 12% y/y. During the reporting period, the average return on assets was 0.83%, down by 15 pp y/y. Meanwhile, the average net interest margin fell by 1 pp to 2.09%. The net profit of the five largest state-owned lenders saw a double-digit decline according to their interim earnings report. Banks’ asset quality has continued to confront substantial challenges as the non-performing loan (NPL) ratio in the commercial banking sector rose to 1.94% at the end of June 2020 from 1.86% six months earlier.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: