China Beverage Sector Report 2017 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2017
Available in: English
China is the largest alcoholic beverage producer and consumer in the world, consuming one-third of the world’s spirits and a quarter of the world’s beer. Its beer production ranked first in the world for 14 consecutive years and the country has become the world’s fifth-largest grape wine producer already, according to Xinhuanet. In the first eleven months of 2016, the output of beer and grape wine amounted to 42.4bn litres and 996mn litres, respectively. China’s soft drinks consumption has also grown at a fast pace in the past decade, especially that of healthy and innovative products. In 2016, the sales value of fruit juice drinks grew by 3.6% y/y, according to AC Nielsen. In 2020, the sales value of energy drinks is expected to amount to RMB 163.5bn, according to China Food Newspaper.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. alcoholic beverages and soft drinks).
See below for a complete table of report contents: