EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
The growth in China’s beverage sector remained stable in Q2 2017, driven by the growing sales of baijiu, beer and juice. The production of baijiu increased by 7.2% y/y to 3.5bn litres and the volume of sales rose by 7.6% y/y to 3.3bn litres due to the stable domestic demand. The increase in sales and the growing prices resulted in a 24% y/y increase in sales revenues in the baijiu production segment. The output of beer, another major segment of China’s beverage manufacturing sector, also increased by 3.7% y/y to 13bn litres in Q2 2017. In H1 2017, all of the top three beer producers, accounting for more than 50% of the total beer sales in China, reported an increase in sales compared to the same period of the previous year. The sales of China Resources Beer, the largest beer producer in China, increased by 2.9% y/y to 6.3bn litres. The sales of the other two major companies in the segment, Tsingtao Brewery and Beijing Yanjing Brewery, rose by 2% and 2.2% to 4.5bn litres and 2.7bn litres, respectively.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. alcoholic beverages and soft drinks).
See below for a complete table of report contents: