China Beverage Sector Report 2018 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
The revenue of China’s beverage sector continued to decline in the second quarter of 2018, mainly due to decreased sales of soft drinks and baijiu. Beverage retail sales dropped by 12.3% y/y to RMB 50bn in Q2 2018. Baijiu sales volume plunged by 33.8% y/y to 2.2bn litres and soft drink sales fell by 14% y/y to 44.3mn tonnes. Baijiu production in Q2 2018 slumped by 37.8% y/y to 2.2bn litres due to the declining consumption of low–end products. The output of beer during this period slid by 10.4% y/y to 11.6bn litres. Grape wine output in Q2 2018 plummeted by 32.9% y/y to 145mn litres. The production of soft drinks in Q2 2018 fell by 13.9% y/y to 45.4mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. alcoholic beverages and soft drinks).
See below for a complete table of report contents: