China Chemical Fertilisers Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2018
Available in: English
China is the world's most populous country and the largest producer and consumer of fertilisers. The country consumes more than a third of the world’s fertilisers, which is equivalent to the combined consumption of the US and India. The country needs fertilisers to satisfy its growing demand for crops and other agricultural products. In the 2014-2015 crop year, China used 43% of its fertilisers on cereal crops (rice, wheat and corn) and 37% on growing fruits and vegetables, according to the latest data published by the International Fertilizer Industry Association (IFA) in November 2017. The country has only 7% of the world’s arable land so it has been using chemical fertilisers heavily to boost crop yields and scale up agricultural production. The excessive use of chemical fertilisers, however, is raising environmental and food safety concerns.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical fertilisers sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical fertilisers sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. nitrogen fertilisers, phosphate and compound fertilisers, and potassium fertilisers).
See below for a complete table of report contents: