China Chemical Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2021
Available in: English
In Q1 2021, China’s chemical sector presented superb performance, significantly expanding both demand and supply. On the demand side, the sales revenue of the sector ascended by 39.7% y/y to RMB 1,761bn. Compared to Q1 2019 (before the coronavirus crisis), this indicator also achieved an increase of 7.8%. The excellent sales improvement was mainly attributed to the strong performance of the chemical sector’s downstream industries. In the period, China’s construction sector (the largest consumer of chemical products) achieved a y/y increase of 31.8% in gross output value, fuelled by the country’s large-scale infrastructure construction and further urbanisation. China’s other major chemicals-consuming industries—such as textile, machinery, and automobile sectors—also posted significant increases in value added of industry (VAI) with the revitalisation of the country’s economy.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: