China Chemicals Sector Report 2020 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2020
Available in: English
In the third quarter of 2020, the performance of China’s chemical sector continued to improve, supported by increased downstream demand from many sectors and the reduction of cost pressure as a result of the stabilisation in global oil prices. According to the NBS, during this period, the value added of industry (VAI) of China’s chemical sector rose by 6.4% y/y, compared with a 2.8% y/y growth in the same period of the previous year. In Q3 2020, the product prices of most chemicals increased over the previous quarter, but were still lower than in the same period of 2019. In this period, China’s chemical material & product sector’s sales revenue declined by 0.8% y/y to RMB 1.6tn, while the total profit rose by 9.7% y/y to RMB 116.1bn. At the end of September 2020, there were a total of 4,361 loss-making enterprises in the sector, an increase of 10.3% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: