China Coal Mining Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
Being the world’s second largest economy, China relies heavily on coal to ensure the stable operation of its major industries, such as energy and steel. The increasing energy consumption already made China the world’s largest producer and consumer of coal. The deposits, estimated at over 139bn tonnes, are located mainly in the country’s northern and north-western regions, while the Shanxi, Inner Mongolia and the Saanxi province account for the largest share of the output. This resource is mainly used for power generation and despite strenuous efforts to reduce the share of coal in the energy mix, the country is expected to keep its leading position as both a producer and a consumer at least in the short and mid term.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the coal mining sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the coal mining sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on reserves, production, consumption and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. brown, lignite and anthracite).
See below for a complete table of report contents: