China Communication Equipment Sector Report 2018 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2018
Available in: English
In Q4 2017, China produced 441.8mn mobile handsets, of which 351.4mn smartphones, recording y/y declines of 17.2% and 22.5%, respectively. The sales of mobile handsets also dropped in the same period by 17.2% y/y to 512.5mn units. Despite the lower production, the inventory level surged by 25.3% y/y. The production of mobile communication station equipment also declined in Q4 2017 by 21% y/y to 58.5mn. The exports of mobile handsets decreased by 0.7% y/y in volume terms in Q4 2017 to 363.3mn units. However, in value terms the exports of mobile handsets improved by 16.4% y/y to USD 48.6mn. The imports of mobile handsets decreased by 79.6% y/y due to the weak domestic demand to 520,100 units from 2.6mn units in the same quarter of the previous year. In value terms, the imports of mobile handsets dropped by 84.9% y/y to USD 62.3mn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the communication equipment sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the communication equipment sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production, sales and profitability for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture regional distribution and penetration rates
See below for a complete table of report contents: