China Consumer Goods and Retail Sector 2020 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2020
Available in: English
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
In the fourth quarter of 2019, China’s economic growth remained 6% y/y, flat q/q, bringing the annual GDP increase to 6.1% y/y. However, average consumer spending per capita rose by another 9.4% y/y to RMB 6,095 in Q4 2019, which was attributed to a continuous increase in per capita disposable incomes in urban and rural areas, rising by 8% and 10.8% y/y, respectively.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: