China Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2019 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
China is the world’s largest retail market and a global leader in e-commerce. As the country makes its transition from a manufacturing-based economy to a service-oriented one, the government’s priority has become that of ensuring stable economic growth by boosting domestic consumption. For this reason, the retail sector in China is expected to perform well in the years to come, encouraged also by favourable policies and socio-economic conditions. In 2018, total retail sales rose by 4% y/y to RMB 38,099bn (USD 5,660bn) with annual growth in rural areas higher than that in urban areas. Consumption expenditure per capita reached RMB 19,853 – a 12.2% y/y increase – with the figure at RMB 26,112 in urban and RMB 12,124 in rural areas.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: