China Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2021 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
In the second quarter of 2021, the sales revenue of China’s retail sector reached RMB 10,668bn, representing a y/y increase of 13.9%. Compared to the second quarter of 2019, before the coronavirus crisis, this indicator also achieved an increase of 9.5%. On the one hand, benefitting from China’s steady economic growth, the incomes of the country’s households witnessed robust increases. In the second quarter, China’s disposable income per capita rose by 11.4% y/y to RMB 7,912. The higher income enhanced people’s purchase power and boosted retail sales to a great extent. On the other hand, since the beginning of 2020, the government has been implementing a set of consumption-encouraging policies, such as the launch of the dual circulation strategy, the reduction of consumption duty, and the issue of consumption vouchers, which also greatly contributed to the retail sector’s revenue growth.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: