China Environmental Protection Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
China’s environmental protection sector remained on its expansion track in 2017. The country invested RMB 8,211bn in fixed assets for water conservancy, environment and utility management in 2017, representing an increase of 19.6% y/y and accounting for 12.8% of the country’s total fixed asset investment. The sector attracted 35.1% y/y more foreign investment or a total of USD 569.5mn, recovering from the previous three-year decline. It enjoys strong government support and benefits from stricter requirements for pollution reduction and environmental protection. In March 2018, the Ministry of Environmental Protection was transformed into a Ministry of Ecology and Environment for a better regulatory role over the sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the environmental protection sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the environmental protection sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key investments in environmental protection and pollution treatment in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China.
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. wastewater and solid waste), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: