China Food Sector Report 2019 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
China food sector’s revenue grew by 16.2% y/y to RMB 472bn in the third quarter of 2019, as a result of the increase in sales and prices of some major foods. In the first nine months of 2019, the price of meat increased by 15.1% y/y. In particular, the price of pork jumped by 21.3% y/y in the period, due to the African swine fever. The prices of fresh fruit and fresh vegetables went up by 18.3% and 5.1% y/y, respectively, between January and September 2019. The food sector’s total profit in the period July-September 2019 reached RMB 39.6bn, up by 19.5% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales).
See below for a complete table of report contents: