China Food Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
The revenue of China’s food sector in Q1 2021 reached RMB 489.2bn, up by 23% y/y, driven by increased sales and prices of some major foods. The total profit of the food sector in January-March 2021 soared by 37.8% y/y to RMB 39.5bn. In Q1 2021, the production of almost all foods increased in China. The production of dairy products in the first three months of 2021 surged by 25.8% y/y to 7.2mn tonnes. The output of fresh and refrigerated meat in Q1 2021 jumped by 24.2% y/y to 6.7mn tonnes. The production of salt in January-March 2021 grew by 19% y/y to 9.5mn tonnes, and that of refined edible vegetable oil in the period climbed by 14.1% y/y to 12.2mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales).
See below for a complete table of report contents: