China Food Sector Report 3rd Quarter 2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
The food sector is strategic for China’s economy as it provides sustenance to almost 20% of the world’s population and serves as an impetus for many other sectors like agriculture, transportation, machinery and vehicle manufacturing, and retail. Until recently, the sector had been growing rapidly, but in the last two years the growth rate has declined and profit margins have narrowed. This has mainly been due to weak global demand, which has hit the export-oriented segments of the sector, and to problems in the Chinese economy, which have led to unstable development of the local market and weaker demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales).
See below for a complete table of report contents: