China Food Sector Report 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2020
Available in: English
The revenue of China’s food sector in the third quarter of 2020 reached RMB 511.7bn, up by 8.4% y/y. The total profit of the food sector in July-September 2020 surged by 30.3% y/y to RMB 51.6bn. The positive outcomes were mainly driven by increased sales prices of some major foods. In Q3 2020, the production of almost all foods declined sharply. The output of salt slumped by 28.3% y/y to 14.4mn tonnes and that of fresh and refrigerated meat plunged by 20.8% y/y to 5.8mn tonnes. In Q3 2020, the production of refined edible vegetable oil decreased by 5.2% y/y to 13.6mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales).
See below for a complete table of report contents: