China Food and Beverage Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
China produces one-third of the world’s meat, a quarter of the its fruit and one-fourth of its beer. It accounts for one half of global consumption of vegetables and a third of the baijiu consumed in the world. It is also the world’s largest importer of both food and beverage. In 2017, the sector’s revenue dropped by 7.7% y/y to RMB 3,924bn, due to decreased sales and prices. Its total profit in the year slid by 3.5% y/y to RMB 385bn. At end-December 2017, the number of loss-making enterprises in the food and beverage sector jumped by 23.2% to 1,558. The total losses incurred by these companies in 2017 grew by 6.4% y/y to RMB 16.3bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: