China Healthcare Sector Report 2018 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
The second quarter of 2018 witnessed a continuous growth of China’s healthcare sector. The growth was attributed to increasing demand for quality healthcare, stimulated by the country’s strong economic performance, rising incomes, expansion of the middle class and ongoing urbanisation. The government issued a number of polices and regulations which are projected to further ensure a stable and healthy growth of the sector. The country’s total spending on health and family planning reached RMB 504.6bn in Q2 2018, up by 11.7% y/y. At the end of May 2018, China’s New State Medical Insurance Administration was set up in Beijing. It will focus on upgrading the quality of medical care in China and reducing the burden of medical costs in particular. As the administration will formulate policies, plans and standards in regards to medical insurance, maternity insurance as well as medical assistance, and will be responsible for their implementation, it is expected to ease the access to and use of China’s
healthcare services. In June, the country launched an online register of medical services, which will allow access to basic information on medical professionals, including their education and qualifications, as well as information on the quality of particular medical institutions. It is expected to allow for a better assessment of healthcare institutions, improve patient experience and allow for a better control of the medical industry and improved distribution of medical resources.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. medical institutions, medical devices and pharmaceuticals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: