China Healthcare Sector Report 2019 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
China’s healthcare sector continued to grow in Q4 2018, largely stimulated by the expansion of online healthcare services. The growth was attributed to increasing demand for quality healthcare, driven by the country’s strong economic performance, rising incomes, expansion of the middle class and ongoing urbanization. Total spending on health and family planning in Q4 reached RMB 293.4bn, up by 6.0% y/y. The per capita spending on medicine and medical services in Q4 2018 rose by 12.3% y/y to RMB 410. The expenditure in urban areas stood at RMB 519 per capita, up by 13.4% y/y, while in rural areas it rose by 6.8% to RMB 270.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. medical institutions, medical devices and pharmaceuticals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: