China Insurance Sector Report 2017 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2017
Available in: English
At the end of 2016 there were 163 insurance institutions operating in the People’s Republic of China, of which roughly 30% were foreign-funded or joint ventures. Traditional insurance subsectors, such as life insurance and property insurance, are highly concentrated, with the top four or five companies accounting for more than half of the total gross written premiums (GWP). However, the market share of these top companies has been gradually declining over the past few years, despite the increasingrevenues, due to the government policy towards market diversification. The total GWP in mainland China insurance market grew by a little more than 20% y/y in 2015 and the trend continued in 2016.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in China.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: