China Insurance Sector Report 2017 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2018
Available in: English
The third quarter of 2017 saw a continuous growth of China’s insurance sector, amid fears that tightened government supervision and regulatory framework would affect the sector’s performance during the quarter. Following a 6.4% y/y increase in Q2 2017, insurance premiums in the third quarter of the year rose to RMB 731.7bn, recording a 15.1% y/y increase. Premiums from human insurance, including life, health and accident insurance, rose by 15.2% y/y in Q3 2017, to RMB 493.9bn, accounting for 67.5% of the total insurance premiums. The upward trend was mainly a result of the strong performance of the life insurance segment, which grew by 23.4% y/y to RMB 373.1bn. The sector’s growth was also stimulated by increased demand for property insurance. Its premiums grew by 14.9% y/y to RMB 237.8bn, making up 32.5% of the total insurance premiums in the period.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in China.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: