China Insurance Sector Report 2018 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
Following the premium contraction of a 11.2% y/y in the first quarter of 2018, China’s insurance sector experienced a solid recovery in the second quarter. The quarterly insurance premiums amounted toRMB 828.5bn, rising by 13.9% y/y. Accumulated premiums in the first half of 2018 slid by 3.3% y/y to RMB 2,236.9bn. Property insurance premiums registered a 12.1% y/y increase to RMB 544.2bn during H1 2018 with premiums in Q2 growing at 9.7% y/y, slower than the 14.6% y/y growth rate in Q1. One of the major reasons for the more moderate development of property insurance in Q2 lies in the third phase of the pricing reform of commercial motor vehicle insurance products, given that premiums generated by motor vehicle insurance accounted for 76.5% of total property insurance premiums based on 2017 data. The China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC) issued a notice on the third phase of the reform in March 2018, which further lowers the floor of motor vehicle insurance premiums and affected property insurers over the entire Q2 period.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in China.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: