China Insurance Sector Report 2019 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
In Q2 2019, insurance remained one of the few industries to enjoy dynamic development in China amid an overall economic slowdown. The total premium income of the sector rose by 11.2% y/y to RMB 921.5bn during the quarter, of which human insurance contributed RMB 627.5bn (up 12.1%y/y) and property insurance made up RMB 294bn (up 9.3% y/y). The premiums of all three types of human insurance products – life, health and accident – increased in April-June 2019 with the highest growth rate observed in health insurance. Its premiums in Q2 reached RMB 180.4bn, representing a y/y rise of 23.7% and a 29% share in total human insurance premiums.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in China.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: