China Insurance Sector Report 2020 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
Despite the outbreak of COVID-19 and the consequent business disruptions in Q1 2020, China’s insurance sector maintained its expansion trend. The sector’s total assets reached RMB 21.7tn at the end of the quarter, representing a growth of 13.7% y/y or 5.6% q/q. Net assets also increased by 10.4% y/y to RMB 2.5tn. In Q1 2020, total insurance premiums amounted to RMB 1.7tn, up by 2.3% y/y. The growth has significantly weakened from the 15.9% y/y increase in the same period of 2019 due to the COVID-19 impact.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in China.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: