China Insurance Sector Report 2021 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
After an uptick of 9.1% y/y in Q3 2020, the premium growth of China’s insurance sector recorded a remarkable deceleration in Q4 2020, at 1.8% y/y. The total assets of the insurance sector at end-2020 grew by 13.3% to RMB 23.3tn, compared to RMB 20.5tn at end-2019. Insurers’ net assets reached RMB 2,752.5bn, an increase of 11.0% from end-2019. In Q4 2020, human insurance and property insurance contributed 67.3% and 32.7%, respectively, to the quarterly insurance premium income. Life insurance premiums were on a growth path, rising by 8.4% y/y from October to December 2020. Health insurance, however, lost the momentum of 17.4% y/y premium growth in Q1-Q3 2020 and registered only an increase of 8.5% y/y in Q4 2020.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in China.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: