China Iron and Steel Report 2019 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
China is the world’s largest producer of steel, accounting for 51% of the global steel production in 2018, according to the World Steel Association. The data from China Iron and Steel Association (CISA) shows that in 2018, China produced more than 1,106mn tonnes of steel products and 928mn tonnes of crude steel. The bulk of the sector’s output is sold on the domestic market with only 6.3% of the steel output exported in 2018. However, the scale of production in the sector made China a leading steel exporting country, with the volume of Chinese steel exports more than twice as large as that of India, the world’s second-largest exporter.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: