China Iron and Steel Sector Report 2017 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
In Q1 2017, the revenue of the ferrous metal smelting and pressing sector increased by 23.2% y/y to RMB 1.7bn. Steel prices remained high in the beginning of 2017, although slightly lower than those in the end of 2016, when they hit the highest level in two and a half years, growing about 60% over 2015. The increasing spending on infrastructure construction and the government’s determination to curb the overcapacity within the sector were the major factors behind the rising prices. The total profit of the ferrous metal smelting and pressing sector in the first three months of 2017 amounted to RMB 65.7mn, compared to just RMB 15.3mn in the same period of 2016. Most of China's steel mills reported good profits in the end of 2016, which stimulated them to increase output.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: