China Iron and Steel Sector Report 2017 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2018
Available in: English
In the period July-August 2017 the revenue of the ferrous metal smelting and pressing sector increased by 18% y/y to RMB 1.2bn. Steel prices continued to rise amid stable demand for steel products in China. The positive performance of the automotive sector and the infrastructure and real estate construction sectors, as well as the government’s measures for overcapacity elimination and environment protection, were the major factors behind the rising prices. The total profit of the ferrous metal smelting and pressing sector in the first two months of Q3 2017 amounted to RMB 73.4mn, representing an increase of 126.1% y/y. Most of China's steel mills reported good profits in 2016, which stimulated them to increase output. In the period July-August 2017 the production volume of pig iron rose by 5.2% y/y to 124.1mn tonnes and that of crude steel increased by 8.4% y/y to 146.7mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: