China Iron and Steel Sector Report 2018 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
In the third quarter of 2018, the revenue of China’s ferrous metal smelting and pressing sector rose by 15.1% y/y, reaching nearly RMB 1.7bn, as a result of higher selling prices and sales volumes of steel products. In this period, the sales volume of steel products in China reached 301.1mn tonnes, up by 1.4% y/y. According to the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), in Q3 2018 the average value of China Steel Price Index (CSPI) reached 120.1, up by 7.5% y/y. § In Q3 2018, the total profit of the ferrous metal smelting and pressing sector rose by 32.2% y/y, reaching RMB 125.6mn. Thanks to the government’s efforts in reducing overcapacity in the sector and the production ban on substandard steel, Chinese iron and steel producers have been able to sell their products at better prices.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: