China Iron and Steel Sector Report 2019 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
According to data from the China Iron and Steel Association (CISA), in the second quarter of 2019, China produced 261.1mn tonnes of crude steel and 317.8mn tonnes of steel products, up by 9.3% y/y and 11.9% y/y, respectively. Data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) show that in this period China’s iron and steel sector’s production capacity utilisation rate rose to 80.9%, up by 2.4 pp compared to Q2 2018. Despite the weakening domestic demand for steel, the output of steel and steel products in China witnessed strong y/y growth, which was mainly attributed to the iron and steel
production curbs policy relaxation during the 2018-2019 winter period. The authorities imposed more flexible production curbs during the winter season based on the emission level at each steel mill, allowing some well-performing steel plants to increase their output.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: