China Iron and Steel Sector Report 2020 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
According to data from China Iron and Steel Association (CISA), in the fourth quarter of 2019 China produced 248.5mn tonnes of crude steel and 295.5mn tonnes of steel products, recording y/y growth of 8.6% and 3.9%, respectively. Figures from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) show that during this period the utilisation rate of China’s ferrous metal smelting and pressing industry’s production capacity rose to 80.2%, up by 2.5 pp from Q4 2018. The increase in China’s crude steel and steel products output was mainly due to the more relaxed production curbs during the winter period, combined with stable domestic demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: