China Iron and Steel Sector Report 2020 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
Despite the stringent measures, including lockdowns and quarantines imposed by the government to curb the spread of the coronavirus, in the first quarter of 2020 China’s pig iron and crude steel production rose by 2.4% y/y and 1.5% y/y to 199.7mn tonnes and 234.5mn tonnes, respectively. The output of steel products declined by 0.6% y/y to 267.4mn tonnes, due to weaker demand. Data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) show that in this period the utilisation rate of China’s ferrous metal smelting and pressing industry’s production capacity was 72.4%, which represents a decline of 6.8 pp compared with the same period of 2019. The sector’s value added of industry (VAI) increased by a mere 0.5% y/y, representing a drop of 7.4 pp in VAI growth, compared with Q1 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: