China Iron and Steel Sector Report 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2020
Available in: English
For the first nine months of 2020, the cumulative value added of China’s iron and steel sector increased by 5.3% y/y. In the third quarter alone, the production of pig iron, crude steel and steel products rose by 12% y/y, 10.5% y/y and 11.2% y/y to 232.8mn tonnes, 282.6mn tonnes and 358.4mn tonnes, respectively. The improvement was supported by the robust recovery of demand in downstream industries from the depression in early 2020. In Q3 2020, the automobile sales recorded a sizeable increase of 13.7% y/y to 6.9mn vehicles, according to data from China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM). Besides, during the first three quarters, investments in real estate development and infrastructure both expanded, by 5.6% y/y and 0.2% y/y, respectively.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: