China Natural Gas Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2019
Available in: English
As the world’s most populous country with a fast-expanding economy, China has great demand for and strong capacity to produce energy. The country was the world’s third biggest consumer and sixth biggest producer of natural gas in 2017. As a result of its successful and rapid industrialisation process in recent years, China has suffered from severe air pollution in major cities. To reduce carbon emissions and improve air quality, the government has called for action to increase the share of clean energy in the energy consumption mix. Natural gas is expected to meet 10% of total energy needs by 2020 vs 7% in 2017. The sector is still largely controlled by the government, although a partial liberalisation is underway, a move the authorities hope will increase labour and capital resource efficiency.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the natural gas sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the natural gas sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production, consumption and regional dynamics for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See natural gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. piped natural gas and LNG).
See below for a complete table of report contents: