China Pharmaceutical Sector Report 2018 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
In the second quarter of 2018, China’s pharmaceutical and medicine production declined by 21.1% y/y to 749,000 tonnes, while their sales volume dropped by 22.7% y/y to 753,000 tonnes. This can be linked with the more stringent environmental protection requirements, following the implementation of the new Environment Protection Law, which entered into force on January 1, 2018. In the first half of 2018, the Ministry of Environment Protection (MEP) launched several large-scale environmental inspection campaigns, which led to capacity reductions or closures among the API manufacturing sector. Environmental checks intensified in 2018, especially in northern China. For example, all APImanufacturers were requested to move out of Beijing by the end of 2017, due to the environmental problems and land restrictions.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharmaceutical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine).
See below for a complete table of report contents: