China Pharmaceutical Sector Report 2018 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
In the third quarter of 2018, China’s pharmaceutical and medicine production declined by 28.5% y/y to 573,000 tonnes, In 2018, many pharmaceutical producers were affected by the ongoing reform for new chemical drugs classification system, and also by the process of verification of drug clinical trial data. More stringent environmental protection requirements, following the implementation of the new Environment Protection Law on January 1, 2018, also impacted the production of pharmaceuticals. Environmental inspection campaigns, held by the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) led to capacity reductions or closures among the API manufacturing sector. This resulted in an API price increase, which made some smaller drug producers that were unable to bear higher production costs educe output. The lower production volume dragged down the sales of pharmaceuticals and medicines in China to 578,456 tonnes, down by 24.3% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharmaceutical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine).
See below for a complete table of report contents: