China Pharmaceutical Sector Report 2019 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
China is the world’s second largest pharmaceutical market after the US and the largest producer and exporter of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) globally. Since it is the world’s most populous country, with a large share of ageing population, the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries are of key importance to the government, which has launched a series of reforms in both sectors over the last few years. The pharmaceutical sector is going through transformation and liberalisation, which are expected to narrow the price gap between local and foreign drug manufacturers and to increase competition and sector consolidation. Along with the removal of the price cap on drugs in 2015, the government has increased its supervisory role.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: