China Pharmaceutical Sector Report 2020 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
In the fourth quarter of 2019, China’s production volume of API declined by 12.7% y/y to 633,000 tonnes, mainly due to the environment-driven production cuts. The decline in output dragged down the sales volume of API, which dropped by 15.9% y/y to 594,200 tonnes. China’s centralised drug procurement scheme launched at the end of 2018, resulted in a notable decline in drug prices. Many producers experienced significant profit drops and some even suffered financial losses. Furthermore, there was a high pressure to limit the output of some heavily polluting API plants due to environmental concerns, which also had a negative effect on API production. In Q4 2019, the production of TCM in China reached 609,000 tonnes, inching up by 0.2% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharmaceutical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine)
See below for a complete table of report contents: