China Pharmaceutical Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2021
Available in: English
The China pharmaceutical sector registered a y/y GDP growth of 18.3% in Q1 2021, establishing the highest record since the GDP quarterly statistics were available in 1992. The strong recovery of China’s economy brought opportunities to the development of its pharmaceutical sector. Enormous progress has been made to develop and produce COVID-19 vaccines and related medications in China for domestic and international use since Q4 2020. By February 2021, China had approved four COVID-19 vaccines for public use. Vaccines produced by Sinovac Biotech, CanSino Biologics Inc (CanSinoBIO), and Wuhan Institute of Biological Products were used with another vaccine from Sinopharm’s Beijing unit, which was approved in 2020. In addition, China had been calling on international communities to take joint action on promoting vaccinations with equitable distribution and use to help defeat the pandemic. To date, more than 40 countries have declared readiness to import vaccines from China. Exports of COVID-19 vaccines would encourage China’s pharmaceutical sector growth in the coming quarters.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharmaceutical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine)
See below for a complete table of report contents: