China Pharmaceutical Sector Report 2021 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2022
Available in: English
The sector has been witnessing a momentous evolution from a formerly generics-based into one that nourishes more value-added R&D activities. Imported innovative treatments are also allowed for faster market entry in China, supported by the rapid regulatory reform on reducing administrative procedures. In Q3 2021, there were more than 30 new drugs approved in China, treating cancer, atopic dermatitis, type II diabetes, etc. In Q3 2021, the pharmaceutical manufacturing segment generated RMB 724.4bn in revenue, up by 13.6% y/y, and made RMB 152.5bn in total profit, up by 65.9 % y/y. The positive performance was attributed to the outstanding output of chemical medicine APIs, which increased by 32.6 % y/y to 764,000 tonnes in the quarter, as well as the higher production of TCM which reached 619,000 tonnes, up by 13.6% y/y. As a result, the year-to-date value-added of the pharmaceutical industry reached 29.2% by the end of September 2021.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharmaceutical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine)
See below for a complete table of report contents: