China Retail Sector Report 3rd Quarter 2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
China is the world’s second-largest retail market and a global leader in e-commerce. Despite the slowdown of China’s economy, the sector offers bright prospects, particularly due to the rising spending power of Chinese consumers. In 2016, consumption expenditure per capita reached RMB 17,111, recording a 8.9% y/y increase. Consumption expenditure stood at RMB 23,079 per capita in urban areas and RMB 10,130 in rural areas. In 2016, total retail sales rose 10.9% y/y to RMB 33,232bn (USD 4,884.5bn) with annual growth in rural areas higher than in the urban areas. Online retail sales of goods accounted for 12.6% of the sector’s total sales in 2016, up from 11.7% in 2015.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: