China Telecom Sector Report 2020 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2020
Available in: English
China’s telecommunications sector reported steady growth in the first quarter of 2020, with the total revenue of the industry rising by 1.8% y/y to RMB 338.3bn. The fixed-line revenue generated by China’s three major telecom operators - China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom - reached RMB 115.9bn, gaining 9.8% y/y. Revenue generated by the companies’ mobile communications business, however, declined by 1.9% y/y to RMB 222.4bn and accounted for 65.7% of the telecom sector’s total revenue. The total number of mobile telephone subscribers reached 1,590mn in Q1 2020 and included 1,273mn 4G subscribers, whose number rose by 5.7% y/y. By the end of April, the number of 5G subscribers in China was over 65mn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the telecommunications sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the telecommunications sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on revenue, consumption and infrastructure for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile, fixed line, internet, and pay TV).
See below for a complete table of report contents: