China Telecom Sector Report 2021 Q3An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
China’s telecommunications sector is among the industries least impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, as the lockdown measures encouraged the demand for online communication. In Q2 2021, the total revenue of the telecommunications sector in China increased by 10.9% y/y to RMB 393b. As a esult, the total subscriber base for telephones increased slightly by 0.07% y/y to 1,796mn users, while mobile phone subscribers increased by 12.4% y/y to 1,793mn. Among the mobile telephone sector, the 5G segment saw the most significant increase in user base, while the 3G and 4G segments saw a decline in total subscriber counts. In particular, the total number of 3G subscribers in Q2 decreased by 23.9% y/y to 26.5 million, and the number of 4G subscribers decreased by 10.5% y/y to 1.1bn. On the other hand, the number of 5G users—recorded by the three largest telecommunication operators, China Mobile, China Telecom, and China Unicom—increased by 358.2% y/y and 26.3% q/q to 495.2mn subscribers, indicating a continued strong transition and adoption of 5G services among mobile phone users in the nation.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the telecommunications sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the telecommunications sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on revenue, consumption and infrastructure for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile, fixed line, internet, and pay TV).
See below for a complete table of report contents: