China Telecommunications Sector Report 2019 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
In the third quarter of 2019, China's telecommunications industry was revolutionised by the commercialisation of the 5G technology. It was a period of intensive 5G infrastructure development and technological upgrade. The official launch of 5G services by China’s three major telecommunications operators took place in late October. By then, over 86,000 5G base stations were put into operation. Although the sector has been going through a dynamic expansion process, some performance figures, such as revenue, came to a stall during the quarter, due to the growing complexity of both external and domestic macroeconomic environment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the telecommunications sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the telecommunications sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on revenue, consumption and infrastructure for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile, fixed line, internet, and pay TV).
See below for a complete table of report contents: