China Telecommunications Sector Report 2020 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
In the fourth quarter of 2019 China's telecommunications industry continued to undergo dramatic changes due to the commercialisation of 5G technology. It was a period of intensive 5G infrastructure development and technological upgrade. The official launch of 5G services by China’s three major telecommunications operators took place in late October. By the end of 2019, China’s telecom operators set up around 130,000 5G base stations. Although the sector has been affected by complex external and domestic macroeconomic environment, the total revenue of the telecommunications industry in China expanded by 3% y/y to RMB 319bn in Q4 2019. The combined revenue of the three main telecommunications operators - China Mobile, China Telecommunications Corporation and China Unicom - grew by 3.9% y/y to RMB 345.3bn during the quarter. Their net profit recovered from losses in Q3 2019, and recorded a 12% y/y increase to RMB 28.6bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the telecommunications sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the telecommunications sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on revenue, consumption and infrastructure for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile, fixed line, internet, and pay TV).
See below for a complete table of report contents: