China Textile Manufacturing Sector Report 2018 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
The last quarter of 2017 witnessed a further adjustment of China’s textile manufacturing sector to changing market conditions and the country’s evolving economy. Sector revenues declined by 38.8% y/y to RMB 713bn in the period, while total revenue from textile manufacturing in 2017 reached RMB 3,798bn, 7.1% lower y/y. The sector’s performance in Q4 was impacted by a number of factors, which ate into the revenues and profits of textile enterprises. These included stricter environmental protection measures, amid an ongoing reform of the textile manufacturing sector. The reform aims to steer the sector towards the production of more value-added and tech-intensive products. However, the changes also eliminate smaller, less efficient and polluting production facilities, leading to higher industry concentration.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the textile sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the textile sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China.
See below for a complete table of report contents: