China Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
Tourism is among China’s most important sectors, with total contribution amounting to RMB 9.9tn or 11% of GDP. China’s tourism sector has been dominated by domestic travel over the last decade, supported by rising disposable income, longer public holidays and favourable government policy. In 2018, the revenue from domestic tourism was RMB 5.1tn, which represented 85% of the sector’s direct revenue. The sector consists of four major related industries, namely online travel agency (OTA), catering, hotel and duty-free sales (DFS).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: